Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
5 tips for a stress free summer
Last week, we enjoyed the SAM SENSORY TALK "Stress-Free Summer" with coach/therapist Katrien De Smet from Pilates Moves/Motion. It was an inspiring session full of valuable insights, and we would like to share some of these insights/tips with you.
- Stress is not our enemy: During the session, we learned that there is a difference between acute stress and chronic stress. When stress persists in our bodies for more than 21 days, it becomes chronic stress and negatively impacts our well-being.
- Maintain balance throughout the year: If you don't schedule moments of rest and relaxation throughout the year, it can be challenging to fully unwind and relax during your vacation. It is essential to find a good balance throughout the entire year.
- Prevent getting sick during your vacation: If you want to avoid getting sick during the first days of your vacation, it's important to relax and unwind at least 3-4 days before your vacation starts. Getting sick during your vacation is not caused by the air conditioning but rather by your immune system kicking in once you start your vacation.
- Gain self-awareness: During the session, we were encouraged to explore areas in ourselves where we can work on to achieve more balance and well-being throughout the year. Try the "Wheel of Life" exercise, for example, to gain valuable insights about yourself.
- Simple exercises for a more balanced life: Some simple exercises were also shared that can be easily implemented into our daily lives. The "bee breathing exercise" and the "heart coherence hand exercise" are two practical techniques that can be applied immediately.
Bee breathing exercise: Link to instructions for parents.
We hope you find these insights valuable and can apply them to experience a stress-free summer and a more balanced year.
If you're intrigued and would like to continue this journey for yourself, your partner, or your child, Katrien is now offering a unique deal to the SAM community. Use the code SAM to enjoy a 25% discount on her "Back on Track" online program. It's the ideal way to take control of your health and well-being. Take a moment to check it out. You can find all the information HERE.
SENSORY TALKS WHAT?
Every first Thursday of the month, SAM organizes an inspiring sensory talk on a topic that SAM deeply cares about. Guest speakers share their knowledge, and you always leave with practical tips. You can register for the talks for free.
MORE ABOUT SAM
SAM sensory & more aims to make people feel good IN and THROUGH clothing and accessories. SAM provides a range of sensory-friendly socks, underwear, and tops with a seamless feel, along with subtle accessories that help regulate stress.